*

*
Today at the Forum
Opinions from members of the Enquirer Editorial Board


David Wells,
Editorial Page Editor


Ray Cooklis,
Assistant Editorial Editor


Krista Ramsey,
Editorial Writer


Dennis Hetzel, General Manager,
Kentucky Enquirer/NKY.Com


Jim Borgman,
Editorial Cartoonist



Powered by Blogger

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Council Salaries

On the question of Council salaries.

Although it is a part time position, I treat it as full time. I'm usually in my office by 10:00 am and out by 5:30 or 6:00. I spend a tremendous amount of time reading over documents and listening to citizens concerns. I have an open door policy simply because I care about the needs of the City and those living in it. Unlike many of my constituents, Mr Crowely and I are retired. This luxury gives us additional time to spend at City Hall, even though it isn't required. I also work Monday through Friday but I try to keep my Fridays light. On occasions, regardless of the hour, I will respond to the scene of a very serious crime, police involved shooting or major fire. I also try to attend the neighborhood community council meetings whenever possible. My hard work is because I care about the quality of life of all Cincinnatians. I support the current level of compensation given the amount of time invested.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment*

* Our online blogs currently are hosted and operated by a third party, namely, Blogger.com. You are now leaving the Cincinnati.Com website and will be linked to Blogger.com's registration page. The Blogger.com site and its associated services are not controlled by Cincinnati.Com and different terms of use and privacy policy will apply to your use of the Blogger.com site and services.

By proceeding and/or registering with Blogger.com you agree and understand that Cincinnati.Com is not responsible for the Blogger.com site you are about to access or for any service you may use while on the Blogger.com site. << Home


Blogs
Jim Borgman
Today at the Forum
Paul Daugherty
Politics Extra
N. Ky. Politics
Pop culture review
Cincytainment
Who's News
Television
Roller Derby Diva
Art
CinStages Buzz....
The Foodie Report
cincyMOMS
Classical music
John Fay's Reds Insider
Bengals
High school sports
NCAA
UC Sports
CiN Weekly staff
Soundcheck